We practice law with a genuine resolve for efficacy and efficiency, each turn necessarily swift and powerful, yet meticulous and resourceful.
We specialize in appeals in all areas of the law and advise trial lawyers in perfecting their record for possible future appeal.
Our strategic litigation practice is marked by steel resolve and advocacy to reach targeted outcomes in state and federal trial courts.
We serve as outside counsel and specialize in corporate legal services to those entering, exiting and maintaining their businesses.
Our international legal practice covers both litigation in national and international courts, as well as corporate transactions and arbitration.
We Deliver Powerful Results.
We find solutions that make a difference.
We are appellate lawyers of the first order, and we achieve consequential results in the courts of appeal. Our appellate advocacy is marked by exemplary brief writing and eloquent oral argument. We are trusted by lawyers and clients alike on high-stakes appeals in federal cases, whether civil or criminal. Our mastery in securing exceptional outcomes, whether to affirm or reverse judgments, is proven resolutely before the appellate courts and has earned the respect of even our adversaries. We also partner with litigation firms to enhance their own practices and client offerings and, of course, to affirm or reverse trial-level outcomes.
- Initiate, brief and argue civil and criminal appeals in federal and state court
- Prepare appellate briefs for other lawyers
- Appear as additional counsel to argue appeals
- Observe trials and consult with trial counsel when preparing for a possible appeal to bolster record and prepared for the best chances on appeal
Our strategic litigation practice is marked by steel resolve and aggressive advocacy targeting tangible outcomes in state and federal trial courts. We have successfully litigated crucial business tort and contract matters as well as cases involving constitutional, statutory and foreign law issues.
- Business Lawsuits
- Consumer Class Actions
- Partnership Disputes
- Shareholder Derivative Lawsuits
- Consumer Fraud & Deceptive Business Practices
- Real Estate Disputes
- Title Insurance Coverage Lawsuits
- Illinois and California State Courts
- Federal District Courts: Colorado, D.C., Central District of CA, Northern District of IL
- Federal Appeals Courts: D.C. Circuit, 3rd Circuit, 7th Circuit, 9th Circuit, Supreme Court of the United States
We provide full service to our corporate clients, including corporate formation, governance, and transactions, keeping in mind key contingencies and desired outcomes, negotiating vigorously to maximize client interests and reduce risk.
- Corporate Formation and Governance
- Sale or Purchase of a Business
- Business Merger & Consolidations
- General Counsel to Corporate Entities
- Corporate Restructuring
- Key Employee Agreements & Packages
- Severance Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
Our international legal practice specializes in litigation in both federal and international courts involving matters of international law. We litigate under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act, the Alien Tort Statute and international conventions.
- Recognition & Enforcement of Foreign Judgments
- Torture Victim Protection Actions
- Tort Immunity Suits
- Suits against foreign governments
- Counsel other lawyers in international service and international law components of their cases
- Economic Sanction Matters
Counseling Foreign Entities
We provide strategic counseling to foreign entities on issues related to public and private international law, including litigation in international courts and tribunals and communications to international organizations.
Our Work Spans the Globe
Washington, DC, USA
Los Angeles, USA
San Francisco, USA
New York, USA